Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

Today was my 1st Mother's Day and while it was a great day, I consider last Sunday to be my Mother's Day present.  Emma coming home from the NICU was more of a present than I could ever ask for in a million years.  Here is a breakdown of how we spent Mother's Day:
- Got up and went to church.  It was so nice to be back at our church and listen to the message.  Today the message was about God giving you peace to help you through problems in your life. This message couldn't have hit home any better.  The peace that God gave us during Emma's time in the NICU was the peace that helped us make it through the long and rough battle.
- Came home ate lunch and took a nap.  It was very nice to take a two hour nap while my precious little girl napped as well.
- Spent some time with Emma.
- Had a yummy dinner of Chinese.
- Watching two of my favorite shows Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters with two of my favorite people.