Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Weekend!

Here is a little recap of our weekend:
Friday-We headed down to Natural Bridge Elementary where I work to let the 4th and 5th grade classes meet Emma. Since we run on an inclusion model at my school I don't just work with my special education students, I spend time in the regular education classroom. The rest of the kids had wanted to see Emma after the day my students got to see her. Seeing as I had to print of my IEPs we went ahead and made the visit. We made a brief appearance at the 4th grade picnic, but were getting mauled and it became overwhelming for Daddy, Emma, and I. When we went to see the 5th graders, I had them stay at their desks and walked Emma around and it was much better. After a visit at the school we headed home and then made a run to Wal-Mart.
Saturday - In the morning, I got up to go to some yard sales with a friend and Emma and Daddy slept in. We then hung out around the house and headed to have a cookout and hang out with the McIntire's that night. Emma had fun visiting with her future best friend Kylie(who is 1) and her big brother Braden(almost 3) who kept her entertained. We then headed home and turned in for the night.
Sunday- This morning we tried to go to church, but Emma had her plans and we didn't quite make it. We have a hard time getting the 3 of us ready some mornings. We hung out around the house and did some cleaning. We are trying to get some of the clutter from coming home from the hospital taken care of finally. We went down to the Martin's house so Daddy could get a haircut and Emma had a bit of a meltdown. She seemed to be hot and not enjoying the heat, takes after her Mama. So we came home and have been trying to calm her down. She has had an AMAZING day with her feedings. She has taken 3 ounces a couple of times and will have taken over 600 mls today which is phenomenal for her. Right now she is laying in her crib(the first time - she sleeps in our room normally) and it seems to be calming her down. So since we finally have her settled Daddy and I are going to head to bed ourselves.
Tomorrow our baby girl will be 2 months old and I start my last week of maternity leave. It isn't that bad though because I only have to work one week and then summer vacation starts.