Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quick Updates!

* The Zantac seems to be helping Emma out with her reflux.  She doesn't seem to be as fussy anymore so we are hoping that means the reflux is more manageable with the Zantac.
* Emma continues to enjoy her long stretches of sleep during the night.  I guess she knows that Mommy doesn't do well on little sleep.
* We got Emma first itemized bill from her stay in the NICU.  Before they run it through the insurance it is $270,000 and that doesn't include the doctor's fees.
* Emma's Walk is going to become more than just a crazy idea.  Will discuss the details once I know more about them and talk with my Dad.  I am so happy that her walk will become a reality and we will be able to spread the awareness about CDH.
* Cloey comes back again this weekend and we can't wait for her to spend more time with her little sister.
* Emma is starting to babble and coo more and it is just precious.
* Daddy is busily trying to finish up his classes for the semester.  Spending the 32 days in the NICU kind of put some of his work on hold.  He has a 10 page research paper and a final exam to finish by Tuesday and then he will have a week or so off before summer classes.  With that in mind once he is done I will be able to work on uploading and editing pictures to post.
* I know it has been a week since I uploaded a video so I will get some footage tomorrow and post it.
* My Dad and Mom move from New York to Virginia a week from tomorrow.  We can't wait for them to only be 40 minutes away.  I feel that my Dad getting the teaching job at Mary Baldwin College was part of God's greater plan.  My Mom is a nurse and having her close to help us with the numerous doctors appointments and care that Emma will need is going to be a blessing.  It is also going to be amazing to have them so close so Cloey and Emma can see their grandparents more often (Jason and I too).
Many blessing to all of you!!!