Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Well the Easter Bunny delivered to Jason and I in a big way this morning.  When we went back to visit Emma we were able to help out with some of her care.  Jason was able to take her temperature and I was able to change her diaper.  We both then got the opportunity to brush her hair, and boy did it need it all that hair can get pretty crazy.  This was such a blessed experience for both Jason and I.  To be able to take on some responsibility for her care while she is in the NICU brings such joy to our hearts.  Now we just can't wait to get our hands on her to hold her.

Emma had a pretty uneventful night last night.  It does appear that she is a little over inflated, which the nurse explained to Jason and I just meant that she needs some minor adjustments made to her ventilator.  They want to make sure to not put to much stress on her good lung since it is unsure what the status of her other lung is currently.  She is still sedated pretty heavily, but teased Daddy and I about opening her eyes for us this morning.  Yesterday when she cracked her eye Grammy and Pop Pop were the ones back there visiting her.  With another uneventful night Jason and I were able to get some sleep back at our new home away from home.  I can't stress how nice it is to be able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House.  Jason and I have found the charity we will be donating to for the rest of our lives.  We are hoping to get another video posted today at some point.  

Keep up those prayers and have a blessed Easter!